Features and Benefits
- 1.5" Heavy duty Mil-Spec webbing
- .5" diameter stainless steel grommet perfect to hang your gear
- Heat pressed vinyl patch to label your straps
- Easy pull tab
- Maximum area that can be wrapped 14"
- Heavy duty hook and loop closure
- Patent pending design
- High Standard MILSpec sewing techniques (see our Craftsmanship page)
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Try it for 46 days (see our 46 day trial guarantee)
Fort Stanwix played a critical role in the Saratoga campaign of 1777. The fort was a target for British General John Burgoyne, who sent brevet Brigadier General Barry St. Leger to capture it. Opposing St. Leger was the 3rd New York Regiment under Colonel Peter Gansevoort. Instead of capturing the critical Mohawk valley, St. Leger would have to retrace his steps to come to the aid of Burgoyne, whose entire force of 5,800 men was hemmed in by the American forces at Saratoga. St. Leger did not arrive in time; on October 17, 1777, Burgoyne was forced to surrender his entire army, forever changing the course of the American Revolution.